Villa di Maser (Villa Barbaro) is one of the greatest masterpieces of Andrea Palladio, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In planning the building, he designed the spaces to make the wines under the porches of the villa, where they remained for three centuries, until in 1850 the Giacomellis decided to increase the production and built the winery that is used to this day.
The Villa is located in the heart of the Montello and Colli Asolani D.O.C. area, in northern Veneto. The wines that in the XVI century were taxed 1/3 more by the Venetian Republic for their high quality, continue to be produced with the same passion on the slopes that surround the Villa winning international prizes again and again.
Grapes for the ancient winery are grown according to the strict regulations of eco-compatible agriculture in the 33 hectares of carefully selected vineyards at the heart of the 230 hectares estate that surrounds the villa.
The vineyards are cultivated with high density techniques in order to obtain a very low yield per plant.